Tuesday 2 October 2007

Go Lockie it's your birthday, gonna party like it's your birthday...

Busy times since last update, Sunday was indoor frisbee (tiny court, five-a-side and knee pads required), then an afternoon of rock climbing and hanging upside down, then dinner and beers at the restaurant where a mate works. I sampled the award winning haggis there and I can only guess it won an Oscar because it sure didn't *taste* too flash. First and last haggis of Scotland.

Yesterday Bill turned up via Iceland which sounds like a really fun place if a little pricey. It is definately an option if I tick of all the other countries in the next 12 months? So today we could cruise around on my birthday in the incredible sunshine. Easily the warmest and sunniest day since I arrived and I take back all my chat about cold Edinburgh weather (until the next batch). Up Arthur's Seat in the morning, then convinced Bill he needed to eat haggis (sucker) while we sat in the sun and drank whisky. More sun in the park (me, obsessed? no!), dinner and far too much spanish wine at a tapas restaurant, then a surprise birthday cake and bottle of whisky followed by a few quiet ones at a local as I try and shake a cold I must have picked up from the unwashed masses. I am genuinely spoilt to have such a fine day.

PS: thanks to all for the birthday sms and wall posts and emails!