Sunday 7 October 2007

procrastination

Currently sloping around my house and trying to get excited about analysing Scottish energy policy but at least I have wheels now. Up unexpectedly early this morning to see a (polish) man about a bike, *my* bike it turns out! It is sleek, quick and fitted with impractically thin tyres with no mudguards, but i can sleep in an extra 10 min each day now, cycle home from the pub and paint big wet stripes up my backside in the rain. Good work me.

Working backwards, yesterday was the first interfaculty football/soccer match which was played with a particularly fine hangover. The other team arrived only 2min before kickoff with no subs, so they were going to either be casually brilliant or simply casual. Turns out the latter and we whupped them 8-1, those mugs. Last night a brief (and never to be repeated) glance into the themed Frankensteins pub in the city. A whole 3 floors senselessly devoted to Mary Shelley's monster with a climax at midnight where an animatronic frankenstein in a coffin is suspended near the ceiling and he sits up and says something spooky, or maybe tells you all to buy more drinks. I'm not sure cause we didn't last that long, but the subsequent house party we semi-crashed was much better.

Friday night was a french feast for a group of us, cooked at my place by a mate. Lots of dub, lots of tasty food, lots of wine and one goodbye for a friend who's heading overseas for 3 months, wish you well Nell!

Now a dreary 3 days of assignments as the magic elves must have missed my place over the weekend and they're still undone... those little bastards...


PS pic is me on arthur's seat on my birthday last tues